UTK EFD News/Announcements
WelcomeThe University of Tennessee's College of Engineering is home to the Engineering Fundamentals Division (EFD) -- one of the nation's most innovative approaches to freshman engineering education. In this success-oriented environment, students learn by interacting with others to create solutions to engineering problems.
|Director:||Dr. Richard Bennett|
|Office Manager:||Ms. Janet Coward|
|Mail:||Engineering Fundamentals, 207 Perkins Hall, Knoxville, TN 37996-2020|
- updated Tue Aug 25th 1:16 pm by rbennet2
ASME Robot Design Team will meet immediately after this meeting. This will be the ONLY recruiting opportunity for this academic year. If you can’t make it, email Turner Williamson (email@example.com) by Friday, September 4th to express interest in joining the team.
Must plan to attend both Fall and Spring semesters. No prior robotics experience required.updated Wed Sep 2nd 5:01 pm by rbennet2
- Interest Meeting for oSTEMoSTEM (Out in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics) is a LGBTQ+ group for STEM majors. They are having a general interest meeting on
Tuesday, August 25thand Friday, September 4th, both at 6 pm in HSS 70.updated Fri Aug 28th 9:10 am by rmccord1
- Astronaut Wilmore Speaking Sept 11Aastronaut and UT alumnus Barry "Butch" Wilmore speak on Friday, Sept. 11 at 2 p.m., in 32 Alumni Memorial Building. Wilmore spent six months in space aboard the international space station, having previously flown the space shuttle Atlantis and served as flight controller at mission control for the final mission of the space shuttle program. A native of Murfreesboro, Wilmore earned his master's in Aviation Systems from the UT Space Institute in Tullahoma, which is part of the UT-Knoxville College of Engineering.updated Thu Sep 3rd 7:04 pm by rbennet2
- Engineering Mentor ProgramThe Engineering Mentor Program is new student program that looks to give underclassmen majoring in or interested in engineering the opportunity to have an upperclassmen mentor who has experience and similar academic ideals. Our program looks to bridge the gap between age, involvement, and information that new students lack when entering the College of Engineering.
The Engineering Mentor Program is not a tutoring service, and requires only a minimum of a once-per-month in person meeting between pairs. We hope that the mentor-mentee relationships that we introduce can grow into good friendships and help the mentee feel comfortable at UTK with his/her major.
If there are any questions or comments that you have, please email Stephen at the address below. Thanks for taking interest in EMP!
Stephen Brennan (firstname.lastname@example.org) EMP Presidentupdated Wed Sep 2nd 4:57 pm by rmccord1
- ASCE MeetingsThe American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) meets from 12:20 pm - 1:10 pm in JDT 405 on the following Mondays: August 31st, September 14th, September 28th, October 12th, October 26th, November 9th, and November 23rd.updated Wed Aug 19th 2:11 pm by rbennet2