- WelcomeFirst lecture for EF 151 is 11:15 AM Wednesday, Aug 19, 2015 in the AMB Auditorium.
All EF 151 classes (lectures and labs) meet as scheduled the first week.updated Mon Jun 29th 7:08 am by wschlete
- Homework Head Start
updated Wed Jul 1st 6:01 am by wschlete
- The first set of homework assignments are available via the On-line HW link on the left.
- HW 0-1 is a review of math and geometry and you should work on it before classes start.
- If needed, here is an overview of how to use the on-line homework system.
- There is a 10% bonus for completing homework early.
- Videos and notes for the lectures associated with these homeworks are also available via the on-line notes link on the left.
- Homework Status
Item # Avg Max #≥100 Math Practice 80 51.6 109.9 23 Online HW 1.1 22 59.3 109.7 9 Online HW 1.2 7 102.3 108.8 5 Online HW 1.3 5 68.4 109.6 3updated Wed Jul 1st 6:01 am by wschlete Recommended textbook: University Physics, Young and Freedman, Pearson Addison-Wesley, 12th or 13th Edition, Volume 1, (Chapters 1-20). Recommended means that the text is a supplemental resource and is not required for successful completion of the class.
A used text is fine - we do not use the "Mastering Physics" web site that is bundled with the new textbooks.
More information on textbook purchasing options.
We will cover the first half of the book. Your next required course - EF 152 - will also use this text and will cover the remainder of the book.
Any scientific calculator is allowed, but the TI 83 will be used for in-class examples. Cell phones and PDA based calculators will not be allowed on exams.
Math calculator requirements
Chemistry 1xx calculator requirement: no graphing calculators (check with instructor for details).
A Turning Point personal response system "clicker" or equivalent will be required. Details will be provided the first week of class. You will have options of purchasing a new clicker, a used clicker, or a license to use a web device (laptop/tablet/phone.)
Engineering paper is required for homework assignments.
A 1" three-ring binder (or larger) is required for your EF 151 portfolio.updated Wed May 27th 6:32 am by wschlete
Common EF Announcements
- No announcements at this time.